I just finished two tinsel rose workshops!
We made tinsel roses in polymer clay. This was a live class over Zoom. It was recorded and available to view for all paying attendees for 90 days.
Check back for future classes.
Here is a sample materials list from my most recent class.
- Work surface
- Your favorite clay in the colors of your choice for the petals. You will need at least 6 oz of clay for the petal cane. For this project I like to use translucent clay, Premo metallic clays or pearl clays. For the leaves you will black and two shades of green.
- Leaf: many of us already have an assortment of metallic leaf.
If you need to order some, I recommend this from Amazon.
- Armature wire, either 18-gauge floral wire or 9-gauge armature wire
- Wire cutters
- Floral tape
- Tissue blade
- Pasta machine
- Optional: bakeable beads such as glass or a gemstone and wire thin enough for the beads.
- Heat gun. I use a Recollections embossing gun from Hobby Lobby.